The Greater Vancouver area water source is not fluoridated. While having fluoride is a proven way of reducing dental caries (decay) in the general and at risk populations, there is much concern about it being ingested. Topical application of fluoride to the teeth remains the mainstay of prevention in dental offices and is the bases of using such toothpastes at home. Many patients attend my office unaware that Richmond's water is not fluoridated and/or not selecting a fluoride toothpaste for themselves or their children. There is more difficulty in keeping their teeth healthy, diet and hygiene are paramount but also products that contain 'recaldent' can help.
RECALDENT™, with the technical name casein phosphopeptides - amorphous calcium phosphate, or CPP-ACP. Developed from casein, part of the protein found in cow's milk, its unique formula helps to strengthen teeth by delivering calcium and phosphate (the building blocks of tooth enamel) to the tooth to remineralize the enamel. RECALDENT™ can penetrate tooth enamel and remineralize the areas that have been affected by plaque bacteria.
is the only product for professional use containing the active ingredient RECALDENT™ (CPP-ACP)
, a special milk-derived phosphopeptide that binds calcium and phosphate to tooth surfaces, plaque and surrounding soft tissue. MI Paste
is a water-based, sugar-free créme that is applied directly to the tooth surface or oral cavity. MI Paste
with RECALDENT™ (CPP-ACP)
restores the oral mineral imbalances that cause demineralization by replacing minerals while improving saliva flow and fluoride uptake as well as soothing sensitive surfaces - making it an ideal treatment for:
Use MI Paste™
- Reversing tooth sensitivity and restoring enamel gloss after whitening procedures
- Relieving dry mouth caused by certain medications
- Reducing high oral acid levels from excessive soft drink consumption , acid reflux, bulimia
- Reversing tooth sensitivity before and after professional cleaning
- Reducing high oral acid levels - sometimes a consequence of pregnancy
- Buffering acids produced by bacteria and plaque
- Regular conditioning during orthodontics, during and after bands or brackets have been removed, to prevent and reverse white spot lesions
- Providing a topical coating for patients suffering from erosion, caries and conditions arising from xerostomia
- Elderly patients
- After tooth whitening
- For pregnant women
- For children six years and under
- During and/or after orthodontics
- For desensitizing
- To provide extra protection for teeth
With Recaldent, Trident Xtra Care provides significant remineralization of subsurface enamel lesions over and above just the salivary stimulation from chewing regular sugar free gum alone.
I was so excited to hear about this event, I had to join in the fun! The Steveston Merchant Association is organizing the evening complete with shopping sales, late hours, food and drink specials and not to mention a Botox open house hosted by Harmony Dental Studio. Move over Salmon Festival, I think this will be Steveston's event of the year.